Awesome Lake Trips in Pittsburgh
As the days get longer and the temperatures get warmer, the open water may be calling out to you. Here in Pittsburgh, you don’t have to travel far to see some beautiful lakes. If you plan on bringing along your boat, then you’ll need a strong truck. The 2017 Ford F-150 can tow between 5,000 and 12,200 pounds, depending on how the truck is equipped. Not taking a boat? You can use the award-winning truck and its truck bed to haul everything you need to have a fun-filled day at the beach! Check it out at Shults Ford of Harmarville today.
Here are five lake trips in Pittsburgh that let you soak up every moment of sunshine.
- Twin Lakes. Located in nearby Greensburg, this park features two lakes that are popular destinations on warm, sunny days.
- Keystone Lake. Another beautiful spot is the Keystone Lake in Derry Township. Along with fishing and boating, you can head back to shore for some hiking, biking, and picnicking.
- Lake Arthur. This 3,200-acre lake located in Moraine State Park offers a spectacular view of the surrounding hills. Take a Nautical Nature tour of the park and camp out for a few days.
- North Park Lake. If the water is all about fishing for you, then this is the lake you want. It is located less than 30 minutes north of Pittsburgh.
- Lake Erie. If you’re willing to make the drive, then head north to Lake Erie to enjoy the sandy beaches and huge open waters.
Regardless of which lakes you visit this summer, the towing capacity, safety, and technology the Ford F-150 offers will get you and your family there in one piece.
What is your favorite lake to visit near Pittsburgh?