Now that spring is finally here, outdoor enthusiasts are no doubt planning their season of camping adventures. Anyone who calls Pennsylvania their home would be remiss not to make a special visit to what some people call the most beautiful campground in Pennsylvania.
Campers Paradise, located at the edge of McConnells Mill State Park, is just an hour away from Shults Ford Harmarville. This gorgeous campground offers multiple forms of accommodation, from available cabins that are perfect for the next winter season, to a rentable teepee in the camp’s Wild West Territory. You can even sleep up to eight in the covered wagon accommodation.
However, many folks prefer to keep their camping experiences rugged and old fashioned. There are plenty of areas at Campers Paradise where visitors can set up their tent and campsite with just the stars and the trees as their company.
In these situations, it’s helpful to have one other companion—the Ford F-150. This classic American pickup has the capability to drive on tough terrains, making it the perfect vehicle to get you to your remote campsite. It has the strength and the space needed to bring along whatever gear you might want—from bikes to kayaks to extensive camping supplies. At Shults Ford Harmarville, we love finding new ways to make the F-150 a helpful asset to camping trips all year round.
As the days get longer and the temperatures get warmer, the open water may be calling out to you. Here in Pittsburgh, you don’t have to travel far to see some beautiful lakes. If you plan on bringing along your boat, then you’ll need a strong truck. The 2017 Ford F-150 can tow between 5,000 and 12,200 pounds, depending on how the truck is equipped. Not taking a boat? You can use the award-winning truck and its truck bed to haul everything you need to have a fun-filled day at the beach! Check it out at Shults Ford of Harmarville today.
Here are five lake trips in Pittsburgh that let you soak up every moment of sunshine.
- Twin Lakes. Located in nearby Greensburg, this park features two lakes that are popular destinations on warm, sunny days.
- Keystone Lake. Another beautiful spot is the Keystone Lake in Derry Township. Along with fishing and boating, you can head back to shore for some hiking, biking, and picnicking.
- Lake Arthur. This 3,200-acre lake located in Moraine State Park offers a spectacular view of the surrounding hills. Take a Nautical Nature tour of the park and camp out for a few days.
- North Park Lake. If the water is all about fishing for you, then this is the lake you want. It is located less than 30 minutes north of Pittsburgh.
- Lake Erie. If you’re willing to make the drive, then head north to Lake Erie to enjoy the sandy beaches and huge open waters.
Regardless of which lakes you visit this summer, the towing capacity, safety, and technology the Ford F-150 offers will get you and your family there in one piece.
What is your favorite lake to visit near Pittsburgh?