Assemble a Fall Emergency Kit For Your Car This Year
Throughout the year, there are some items that are important to keep in your vehicle at all times – such as a first-aid kit, jumper cables, and a spare tire, as well as the appropriate tools to install it.
But as the weather slowly turns from summer to winter, there are unique fall hazards that may require to have a bit more. That’s why we suggest that you prepare a fall emergency kit to store in your vehicle, just in case.
Here are some items to consider:
- A warm blanket or two, as well as an extra pair of gloves, an extra hat, an extra scarf, and maybe even an extra coat
- A tire gauge and a travel kit to add air pressure to your tires, as tires quickly deflate in cooler weather
- A spare cell phone and charger, perhaps with a hand-written list of emergency phone numbers
- An ice scraper, so that you will be ready when that unexpected first snowfall covers your vehicle
- Similarly, a small shovel might save the day if your car gets snowed in
- Lastly, consider some non-perishable snacks, such as nuts and dried fruit, to give you energy if you find yourself stuck somewhere
For more safety tips or to start your season in a new vehicle entirely, visit us anytime at Shults Ford of Harmarville.