There’s nothing quite like hitting the open road for a trip away from the norm. Road trips are a great way to experience the country from a different perspective, and offer an intimate setting for family bonding. If you can get behind this type of adventure, then you need to consider planning your next road trip in a Ford Edge. This sporty crossover has the space and the comfort that will make your whole crew feel at home from point A to point B.
But road trips aren’t just about seats big enough for napping. There are design details in the 2017 Ford Edge that enhance each ride beyond modern comfort. Features like ambient LED lighting in the cabin will set the mood after dark. But when the sun is still up, having the available Panoramic Vista Roof® open will give passengers a whole new connection with the sunny skies as you move along to your destination.
A perfect road trip vehicle would also be equipped with the perfect suite of technology and safety features. After all, nothing can act as a substitute for the peace of mind that comes with knowing your vehicle is a safe haven. The 2017 Ford Edge is full of gadgets, from driver-assist technologies to tools like navigation,that will surely make your trip a success.
To learn more about what’s offered in the Ford Edge, or to hear why we love road trips in this crossover, stop by Shults Ford Harmarville today.
As the days get longer and the temperatures get warmer, the open water may be calling out to you. Here in Pittsburgh, you don’t have to travel far to see some beautiful lakes. If you plan on bringing along your boat, then you’ll need a strong truck. The 2017 Ford F-150 can tow between 5,000 and 12,200 pounds, depending on how the truck is equipped. Not taking a boat? You can use the award-winning truck and its truck bed to haul everything you need to have a fun-filled day at the beach! Check it out at Shults Ford of Harmarville today.
Here are five lake trips in Pittsburgh that let you soak up every moment of sunshine.
- Twin Lakes. Located in nearby Greensburg, this park features two lakes that are popular destinations on warm, sunny days.
- Keystone Lake. Another beautiful spot is the Keystone Lake in Derry Township. Along with fishing and boating, you can head back to shore for some hiking, biking, and picnicking.
- Lake Arthur. This 3,200-acre lake located in Moraine State Park offers a spectacular view of the surrounding hills. Take a Nautical Nature tour of the park and camp out for a few days.
- North Park Lake. If the water is all about fishing for you, then this is the lake you want. It is located less than 30 minutes north of Pittsburgh.
- Lake Erie. If you’re willing to make the drive, then head north to Lake Erie to enjoy the sandy beaches and huge open waters.
Regardless of which lakes you visit this summer, the towing capacity, safety, and technology the Ford F-150 offers will get you and your family there in one piece.
What is your favorite lake to visit near Pittsburgh?
When you need an advanced vehicle to keep you and your family safe on the road, the 2017 Ford Escape can do precisely that. The Ford’s Escape safety features include both protective and preventative measures.
The Escape is available in three trim levels: S, SE, and Titanium. Standard on all Escape models are antilock brakes, traction and stability control, airbags, automatic headlights, and a rearview camera. The airbags will help protect you and your passengers in case of an accident. But where the real protection lies is in preventing an accident from happening in the first place.
Here, the antilock brakes, automatic headlights, stability control, and rearview camera come into play. These features help you stay in control, stay visible, and see what’s behind you before anything happens.
Available on the SE trim are more active features, like rear parking sensors, blind-spot monitoring, and rear cross-traffic alert. These features come standard on the Titanium trim. Optional for the Titanium model is adaptive cruise control, forward collision warning, automatic high-beam control, automatic wipers, lane departure warning and intervention, front and side parking sensors, and an automated parking system.
Stop by Shults Ford of Harmarville today to see the 2017 Ford Escape’s safety features for yourself.
April Fools’ Day has been a tradition as long as we can remember. But just where did that tradition start?
There has been some debate amongst historians over when April Fools’ first began. Also called All Fools’ Day, the original conception of this holiday is still a mystery. Some historians believe that it all began in 1582, when the Julian calendar became the Gregorian calendar. This change made the start of the year January 1st instead of April 1st.
However, many people never knew about the change, so they ended up celebrating New Years on April 1st. The people who didn’t know became a joke, having people place paper fish on their back as a way of making fun of them, calling them “easily caught fish”. This comedic occurrence might have been the beginning of April Fools’ Day.
It’s possible that this idea spread or that the celebration of April Fools’ started because of the vernal equinox, when Mother Nature was accused of “tricking” people. Throughout the 18th century, April Fools’ Day became more popular. It’s even a two-day event in Scotland.
Even large corporations like Burger King and Sports Illustrated celebrate April Fools’ Day. No matter how you celebrate April Fools’ Day this year, know that it comes with plenty of history!
Not much is known about the 2018 Ford Expedition, but its prototype has been spied out on the road. What is certain so far is that it’s sure to bring exciting change.
The new Ford Expedition was camouflaged when it went out for a stroll in Detroit, but some updates could still be seen. The 2018 Expedition is modeled after the all-new F-150. It has a similar aluminum-intensive body structure, which makes the Expedition tougher than ever.
While it’ll be plenty tough, the innovative aluminum structure actually makes the Expedition more lightweight. This helps conserve fuel economy, making it even easier to navigate on the road.
The EcoBoost V6 engine is another addition to this car. There’s also a smaller engine option available for those who want to save even more on gas.
So what about technology? The 2018 Expedition has that, too. While it couldn’t be seen from the outside of the camouflaged car, the inside has Ford’s SYNC 3 infotainment system. That means every driver will have access to their favorite entertainment and plenty of technology updates.
It will be a bit until you see the 2018 Ford Expedition, but it’ll be worth it when you get behind the wheel with all of these exciting changes.
See what to expect from Ford at this Auto Show!
Every year, local car enthusiasts can go to experience some of the latest new models, along with iconic classics, on display at the Pittsburgh Auto Show. This year, the show will be held February 17-20 at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center.
With Lincoln and Ford at the Pittsburgh Auto Show, the two automotive brands will have some of the latest models on display in an area in the center of the building. Lincoln will showcase the 2016 MKZ, along with the refreshed 2017 MKZ. Additionally, visitors can check out the 2016 MKX, 2016 Navigator, and the all-new 2017 Continental, Lincoln’s show-stopping flagship model.
As for Ford, the exact models they will be brining are not known, but we hope to see some of its latest vehicles and technology on display. Perhaps we’ll get to see the new autonomous technology that Ford had on display at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit last month.
One of the most anticipated parts of the Pittsburgh Auto Show is the annual Dancing With the Cars charity event. By purchasing a ticket to this evening event, you’ll not only get an exclusive view of the show, but you will also be supporting several local charities. This year’s dinner and dance will be held on February 16th, the night before the show officially opens.
Are you planning to attend this year’s Pittsburgh Auto Show? Let us know by stopping into Shults Ford of Harmarville.
The Ford F-150 Raptor brought a new exterior design that pickup owners were happy about
The Ford F-150 was just dramatically redesigned for the 2015 model year. However, it seems a refreshed Ford F-150 is not too far off down the road. In fact, spy photographers in the automotive industry may have taken a few photographs of what seems to be a refreshed 2018 F-150.
With the latest round of spy shots, which you can see on Autoblog, it seems the updated truck model will have a smoother hood, along with the possibility of fender vents like on the all-new Ford Super Duty lineup. The black-and-white polka dots in the picture are an attempt to disguise the finer details of the design.
However, compared to spy shots captured even earlier, the latest images don’t have as many changes. This either means that Ford is keeping the true design under wraps or it has changed its mind about some design updates.
One thing most automotive experts are sure about is that the 2018 Ford F-150 will likely come with a new light-duty diesel engine. This powerful engine could be a 3.0-liter V6 with 254 horsepower and 443 lb-ft of torque, a welcome addition to the much-loved truck.
What changed or updates are you hoping to see in the brand-new 2018 F-150? Let us know by commenting below.
Shopping for car lovers can be difficult, especially if you aren’t familiar with the industry. Fortunately, there are many great gifts that will please any driver. Here are a few gifts for car enthusiasts as suggested by us here at Shults Ford of Harmarville. Happy holidays!
- Apps – Smartphone apps are relatively inexpensive, if not free, and are the best way to allow a driver to keep a close eye on their vehicle. Some apps even allow drivers to monitor fuel consumption and real-time stats.
- Racetrack Coasters – Nothing is simpler than a set of racetrack coasters. Let your loved one bring their passion in from the garage.
- Video Games – There’s a rather large number of car-based video games on the market. Stop by your local gaming store and peruse the shelves or ask for help!
- Solar Charger – Electric cars are becoming more and more popular. As a result, some companies, like BMW, are creating solar chargers.
- Mirror Speaker – What’s better than listening to music from a portable mirror speaker?
- GoPro – Off-road drivers love to hit the trails. Let them share their experience by investing in a GoPro.
- Leather Wallets – Wallet makers tend to pander to specific audiences. That’s true for car enthusiasts, as indicated by the GTO leather wallet.
- Power Wheels – Got a kid that found their passion for cars early? What makes a better gift than a drivable power toy-vehicle?
- Anki Drive Kit – Ever wanted to test your skills on a miniature racetrack? Now you can with the Anki DRIVE Kit. This gift features an AI-controlled opponent that adapts and gets better at racing the longer you play.
- A New Car – Let’s be real. What better gift is there than your car enthusiast’s dream ride? While most can’t afford a new car for Christmas, those who can could blow their car enthusiast’s mind this holiday season!